Tuesday, September 15, 2009

random cute moments

I have a bunch of pictures that have been taken over the course of the past two weeks, but there's really no theme to connect them. So, I've decided just to post them each with their own little story - and there you go!

The first, and quite possibly my favorite is of Uncle Bryan and Cooper. Bryan gets to come to Auburn only about 2 times a year under normal circumstances, so although Cooper and Tripp hear about Uncle Bryan and have had the privilege of enjoying a few fun and crazy presents he's sent our way - they don't really know him that well yet. Well, maybe they didn't before this visit. I had the flu, and was quarantined in my bedroom during the weekend of the 1st football game - so Daddy and Uncle Bryan spent a bunch of time together with the kids while I was out of commission. Before the weekend was over, Cooper felt right at home! He'd just march on over and climb right up in his lap to hang out - no words spoken, just helped himself! They were watching Man vs. Wild here - I told you. I have too many boys in my life.


**********

Labor Day weekend was a long one for us. As I mentioned, I was sick, the boys were out of school for 3 days, it was the first time all of the tailgating craziness happened for the year, and it was just an exhausting few days. By late Monday afternoon we didn't really know what to do with ourselves. I had very little energy, Ray was completely pooped, but the boys were as ready to go as ever. (How do kids do that!? They had just as long a weekend as we did!!) So, in what I thought was a stroke of genius, I decided that we'd put the boys somewhere that a) they were contained, b) they were entertained, and c) I could sit down. a Bubble Bath!

Yes, I know my bubbles are a little puny, but I was doing the best I could with body wash, shampoo, and a prayer. They had a ball though! Cooper discovered his beard at an early age, Tripp learned how to wash his brother's hair, and like I said - I got to sit!

**********
There's no real story with this one - he's just cute!

**********

I was totally bribing the kids with cookies. I had foot surgery this week (hasn't been the best few days for me) and I don't remember what was for supper, but it wasn't necessarily child-friendly. Something like tuna helper, or coq au vin (I wish) but anyway, I wasn't feeling fabulous to begin with, and chose to use the opportunity to wave the 100 calorie pack of chips ahoys in front of them as an incentive for eating more cauliflower and brussel sprouts. (just kidding here too - maybe carrots, but that's as mean as I get.) Well, this night I discovered that my huge Sam's club box of cookie packets was empty, but still residing in the pantry. At this point, I had talked such as good game, I had no choice but to pull out the only other cookie-ish item I had in the house - biscotti. You can see how that turned out. Not sure how this happened, but Tripp was proud!

**********

Book or no book - Tripp will always smile for the camera!











1 comment:

Unknown said...

HOW CUTE!!! I love reading about them!