Sunday, January 3, 2010

mike's surprise party

Once again - I'm unable to change the order of the photos, so bear with me. Michael Jones turned 30 on New Year's eve! His birthday is great because there's always a party, but often the party overshadows his birthday... so we decided to make sure he had a great Birthday this year. His mother and Amanda and Kristen and I worked together to put on a surprise party for him on Sunday, December 27th. He had been staying at home with his parents over Christmas, and it was my job to entice him to come back to Auburn. We promised him free drinks and a game of poker - and he showed up right on time!

The picture below is most everyone crowded behind the bar waiting to surprise him when he walked through the door...
Both of Ray's sisters came to the party, which I thought was just amazing. Lauren had to drive bcak to Tennesse that night and work first thing Monday morning, and Hannah had to go back to Birmingham and take herself and her 2 year old to school! These girls are awesome!
Mike opening his presents -
Everyone watching Mike open his presents!
His crown
When he first walked in the door - he said he couldn't remember whose birthday it was... it didn't hit him until he saw his dad!
Mike and K-Ray, and Ray being creepy in the backround
My mom and Mike's dad chatting
Jane and Joe Jones! Thank you so much for all of the food!!! We really appreciate all you did!
Hiding behind the bar as Mike's walking up...

Happy Birthday!
Mom and the Beasley girls
Ari and Billy - thanks so much for coming!!

Good times! Happy Birthday Mike! You're OLD!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!! Happy birthday Mike. I had a great time at the party!

acaryl said...

Hello my friend! I love all your pictures and blog posts.....it just makes my day when you have something new to share! I am so sorry about your friend Laura...she was blessed to have such a wonderful and thoughtful friend as you. I am glad you guys had a great Christmas and you are feeling better! I really wish we could get together soon. Hope all is well with you guys. Give the boys and hug from me and tell your parents hello! I love and miss you!