Thursday, March 11, 2010

new years 2010

I know I said I'd have pictures up from Granny's birthday, but I can't find the cord to my camera!!! Story of my life - and the curse of a girl that likes to change purses. So, I'm going to stall and put up some pics that I haven't posted yet from our trip to Tampa over New Years. Ray, Mike and I went to stay with Bryan and Sarah in Tampa for New Years - which was more than enough fun all by itself, but we also got to go to the Outback Bowl in the Buccaneer's Stadium in Tampa! An amazing time was had by all in just a few short days!

Cruising in Blue Betsy the first day in Florida -- I love our friends!
Hanging by the beach and enjoying the sunset - Tampa is gorgeous, and the palm trees are So beautiful!This is New Years Eve - we took a Trolley to dinner with Bryan's parents and had an amazing experience at a true Spanish (as in Spain - not Mexican) restaurant complete with Sangria and Flamenco dancers!And the trolley stopped and dropped us off Right next to the Auburn Marching Band getting ready to march in the Outback Bowl Parade!!! It was so awesome - War Eagle!! After dinner we joined the Tampa Auburn Club's New Years Eve celebration at this really cool bar called Splittsville that had dancing, drinks and Bowling! So fun!The next morning we got up bright and early and braved the chilly, rainy day to head to the Outback Bowl.
If you know Ray, you know he has a thing for Pirates -- so he was a happy happy boy this day. He got to hang out with a pirate ship, order mead at the concession stand, and watch football with his best friends - doesn't get much better!
Auburn's pre-game! War Eagle!
Bryan's adorable parents!
I'm having some fun with my new camera I got for Christmas - thank you, boys, for smiling and putting up with all the picture-taking!
We ended the weekend catching up with some friends from Auburn at a dueling piano bar - way fun! I love that kind of thing... and was a bit guilty of not really being social, but just sitting and listening to the show. It was an action-packed, crazy, fun, intense trip full of activities and tons of food - and we've never had a better time. Thanks to Bryan and Sarah for hosting us!!

No comments: