Hello again! I am now writing you from a whole new perspective on life - from deep inside my thirties. Well, maybe not that deep... just about 3 days in.
Anyway!
I had, I believe, the best birthday I've ever had. I'm just now writing about it because it extended through the end of the month! But, now that it's April, Ray's birthday month has officially begun and I have to hang up my 'I'm 30!' tiera and turn my attention to my lovely husband. In a minute - after I write about my birthday, of course.
The celebrations began on Saturday, March 27th. I like to start a few days early and run a few days long to really get the good out of it! My dear friends Ari, Amanda, and Penny took me to Atlanta for a fun-filled weekend of eating, shopping, gorgeous hotels and overall merriment.
Later that afternoon while we were at lunch, my fabulous girlfriends surprised me with a silver coach bangle that they had purchased on the sly. It's so perfect for me, and I love it dearly! Thanks you so much ladies!We drove home on Sunday and relaxed and recuperated, and the next day was my actual Birthday. At about 6:45 Monday morning, Cooper came running into the bedroom, turned the light on full force, jumped up on the bed and yelled - Happy Birthday Mommy!!! Once I peeled my eyes open, I could see that Ray was hovering in the doorway, and eventually he walked in with breakfast on a tray for me - scrambled eggs, homemade mini blueberry and strawberry muffins, water and a Salt Shaker!!! How well he knows me!! Cooper and I sat together on the bed and watched a recording of American Idol and munched on homemade muffins together - it was glorious.
At work that day, we had a meeting over at the hotel with other meeting planners from across campus. I was greeted at the front of the meeting room with many hugs and 'happy birthdays' from my old co-workers and very good friends from the hotel. During lunch, the banquet staff presented me with the day's dessert with two yellow candles and the entire ballroom sang happy birthday to me (and of course I turned horribly red... Ugh!) Then, I came back to my office after lunch and there was a gerbera daisy plant on my desk - no card. So, of course I called Ray. Yes it was from him!! And now it's on my dining room table! Shortly after that, the office gathered us together to sing happy birthday and eat an amazing homemade cake with cream cheese icing and blackberry jam that my fabulous friend and co-worker Marsha had made. Her cakes bring people in from all over the building! About an hour later, more flowers came - from Dad who was in Baltimore with Cory and Granny. I very rarely get flowers, and I was so excited - it was really sweet - so I took a picture! The gerbera plant is on the left, my fake spring work arrangement is in the middle, and the flowers from Dad are on the right. Yay!
I got home from work and Ray called to let me know he was picking up the boys, and I sat on the couch and read for a little while. When I heard the garage door close, I started to get up, and decided to stay where I was - and it was a good thing. Ray came around the corner with a full size chocolate cake ablaze with candles in one hand, a video camera in the other, and two little boys around his ankles wearing birthday hats and blowing on noise makers! That was when I scored a 'I'm 30' tiara and a silver party necklace with 30s all over it.Finally, the celebrations concluded with dinner at Red Lobster Wednesday night with my family and a few friends. Wonderful food, lots of joking, a beautiful hand-made bowl, and a large piece of chocolate cake finally ended the birthday celebration. Now, I'm ready for a nap and then a very long trip to the gym!!
Love to all who helped me celebrate - you made turning 30 fun, and I didn't even know that would be possible!

No comments:
Post a Comment