This trip to Granny's was both sweet and sad. It was fabulous because Ray and Dad and the boys and I got to spend lots of quality time visiting with Granny and Dianne and Kenny and the whole family. It was a bit disappointing because Jeffrey was so sick that he and Mom weren't able to come with us.
The boys had a ball playing outside, though! Everything at Granny's house is magical to toddler boys. The chickens, the ducks, the peacocks, puppy dogs, horses - all are enough to keep them outside and occupied for days at a time. Then, add Kenny's 'motorcycle' (read - 4 wheeler) and Granny's pool, and we're lucky we ever got home!
Unfortunately, we were having so much fun, I didn't remember to snap as many pictures as I would have liked - but you get the idea. I did get one precious shot of Dad and Tripp sleeping on the couch. Dad's shirt is wet, I believe, b/c Tripp had ice in his hand when he first climbed up -
I think my favorite part of the weekend was when all of the cousins were swimming! It was the coolest thing to be all together swimming again - Crystal, Megan, Wesley, Ray, Dad, me and some kids were actually In the pool, and then Rick and Tim and Granny and Kenny were watching. It was like the good old days when we'd swim in Granny's or Crystal's pool - or go camping and swim in the lake. So much fun!!!
The other fun picture we got is of Tripp and Wesley. Back at our family Christmas dinner, Wes took a funny picture with Tripp - kinda holding him out to the side like he doesn't know what to do with a baby. (Maybe it's the fact he's a boy that's throwing him off --- Wes has two daughters!) So, we re-created the moment, (current on top, Christmas on bottom) and I've put both pics next to each other for your viewing enjoyment. Just try not to get frightened.
My other now-and-then shot is of Cooper. Like I said in the previous post, I try to remember to get pictures of the boys in that adorable hammock at Mrs. Jane and Mr. Joe's house every year. I love this of Cooper -
He was such a little surfer boy with that blonde hair!!
Friday, July 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Cute pictures! It looks like the boys had a great time!
Post a Comment