Monday, July 12, 2010

the 4th


Happy summer everyone! It's about that time again. This year in addition to going to Uncle Mike's mom and dad's house, we were able to go to Granny's house too! It was a fabulous, fun weekend!

We got to Uncle Mike's parents' house on Saturday morning, July 3rd. The boys were really excited about the fish in the little pond and the geese in the big pond - Cooper totally remembered both from last year.


They were picking up rocks and throwing them in the pond at first, until Ray realized that they were terrorizing the goldfish. I wasn't as quick - didn't even realize it.

So, Mrs. Jane figured a good distraction would to be to go visit the geese, and they took off down the field.

I have to admit, I had never petted a goose, or seen one up close like that either, so I just snapped two quick pictures and joined in. These two geese are Mrs. Jane's babies - they stay in a little shack closer to the house rather than going all the way down to the pond with the others. They're just about big enough to join the group though, so it's nice that we got to see them before they left!

At this point it was about 12 noon, and it was nap time. As usual, they had to take a good long nap before they got to go swimming in the pool - right? Hardly. Not today. So, we made a little bed for them on the floor of the guest room, and they loved it. a bit too much.


I stood outside that room for 10 minutes at least, and listened. They talked, they played, they sang - at one point Cooper was singing On Top of Old Smokey! to Tripp, and every time he'd stop Tripp would say - 'Moor, Coo-pah!' and Coop would start over again. Finally it got quiet and I left, and about 10 minutes later they came, hand in hand, walking out of the bedroom, down the hall, across the driveway, and into the yard by the pool. We tried for a nap one more time and then just gave up. So, we swam and took some pics in the hammock. I've gotten pictures of each of them in this hammock every summer since they've been alive! There's just something about that blue pillow that makes their eyes stand out. I love it -


So we swam and ran around and had a good time. Exhausting, but fun! :-) Then, the boys and I went downstairs into the guest room and took a shower all together. (in bathing suits) It was Tripp's first shower, and I'm pretty sure he loved it. He wouldn't back out of the water, and kept standing straight under it so it was running right over his face. Right about dinner time, the little guy passed out. See... I told them they needed a nap. Out cold on my shoulder, and this was the best place I could find to put him. It had arms so he couldn't
roll off of it! He slept there, just one room away from about 10 people eating dinner and talking and laughing for almost 2 hours. I finally had to wake him up so we could get him fed and start on the drive to Granny's. And as soon as we got in the car - the other one passed out!


And Tripp was wide awake! Pics from Granny's to soon follow!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I left this because I know how much you like it when people comment on your blog.

Unknown said...

What a fun day! I love the pictures of the boys!