Tuesday, May 25, 2010

beasley beach vacation

We were so lucky this year to have my incredibly thoughtful and generous sister-in-law think of us when planning her beach vacation. She found a deal for a beautiful condo in Panama City Beach and upgraded to a 3 bedroom so we could all go down and have a really nice long weekend! Unfortunately, the timing coincided with a class that Hannah needed to take, so she wasn't able to come down.

For me, this is the first time I've been to PCB for a real vacation since I went with Ray's family when we were dating some 8-9 years ago. For Ray, I'm not sure, but I think he's the same as me... and for the boys - it was the first time for them to ever see the ocean! We started talking about going to the beach weeks in advance (thanks to Cooper) and I think we learned the days of the week due to their obsession of this trip!


When we got there - all three boys ran to the window. Ray scooped them up, and they looked at, discussed, and pointed at the beach for about 15 minutes. It was So cute! :-) We got the boys all dressed up in their water gear, put together the huge bag of toys, life jackets, and water guns, slathered everyone in sunscreen, and finally headed downstairs!
It was so much fun, and so much work! Three 2&3 year olds have so much excitement and energy - so it's really amazing on one hand, but they have so much excitement and energy - it's totally exhausting! :-) But here are some pics of their escapades down by the water.
It was actually blue skies and sunny 3 out of the 4 days we were there, but of course I didn't think to start taking pictures until the last day. The one big event I didn't get to photograph was these boys playing in the water. It was incredible! The water was definitely a little rough, but they didn't care at all. They were screaming and running and jumping and falling down - they were fearless! (and a little clueless) This was one of those instances where I was thankful I only have two children b/c it took Ray and Mimi and I to be Right there with all three kids to make sure they lived through the experience. It was truly man to man defense - and I ran and jumped and rescued fallen children more times than I care to count.


After we played in the sand and water all day and Lauren, Mimi and I got lots of sun, we headed out to dinner a few of the nights we were there. Ray's a huge Jimmy Buffet fan, so we tried to go to Margaritaville the 2nd night but it was just too crowded... we did make it over there for lunch on the last day though!

It was a fabulous weekend. Lauren - I can't thank you enough for having us come down with you. I am looking forward to many summer vacations together - and one day, all three boys will be able to feed themselves and go potty all alone! Then we'll have reason to celebrate!!!

No comments: