Wednesday, October 21, 2009

bored.

Things are boring around work right now. We had such a crazy busy week last week preparing for the 1856 event - everything was exciting and important and the time was flying by. Now, life is dull. The most exciting thing I've done at work this week is go back to the hotel to pick up picture frames and napkin rings. People have been late to work, taking long lunches, sitting around offices talking b/c we just don't want to embrace the mundane day to day tasks that filled our work days prior to 1856. Oh well.

So, I'll blog! Yay. There have been many events this month ... beginning with Papa's wedding which was October 10th. Unfortunatley, I don't have any pictures of the room after actual guests arrived, but I do have several of the room prior! For your viewing enjoyment...
The placecard/menu cards:


The Ballroom! Notice the columns with arrangements in the middle - that's where the ceremony took place with all of their family and friends standing and holding hands around them!

So sweet
Lynn's favorite cakes -they're known as 'better than sex cakes' - one's chocolate with kahlua and the other is yellow cake with lemon and pineapple and coconut... good stuff!
Lynn's bouquet. For those of you from around Auburn - Stanley did this for her, and I think he nailed it. It was so beautiful!!
Also, Jacks Dyer's birthday party was on October 10th. Big day. Cooper has called Jacks many things - but my favorites are his 'Breast Friend' and 'Best-ey Friend' In short - Cooper Loves him some Jacks! :-) The best part of this party was the fact that it was at Premiere Athletics. These kids ran and jumped and fell and tumbled and ran some more - it was fabulous! The parents' only responsibility was to show up with a present, and then we could actually sit down and just let the staff handle our kids - it doesn't get much better than that.

Who knew that 2 year olds could stand patiently in line?!?



This was just a precious Saturday morning when Papow came to visit. Both boys wanted to sit in his lap and eat their cheerios out of a cup. Cute!

George (the very first member of our family... it goes Terri Lynn and George, then Ray, then Sadie, then Cooper, then Tripp - and I'm done! :-) Anyway, George has always been kinda skiddish around the kids. 1 and 2 year old boys think that tail pulling and eye poking are acceptable methods of showing affection to kitty cats. George doesn't agree. But he's getting a lot more brave in his old age - this is the first time I've ever seen him sit still this close to Cooper, much less both boys.
This past weekend was jam-packed. I worked a 14 hour day on Friday for the 1856 event (way fun by the way... I miss those days!!) then we had Aunt Lauren in town, tailgated in the freezing cold, went to the game, and then went out on the town Saturday, and on Sunday we took the boys to see Disney Playhouse Live onstage in Montgomery. That was a hit! As was the $20 plastic spinny-toy thing that should have only cost $3.50, but what are you gonna do?

So, next in our lives is Cooper's birthday! We'll do cupcakes at school on Friday, a birthday party at our house in the back yard on Saturday, then drive to Birmingham to see Ray's family on Sunday. I bought 6 boxes of cake mix yesterday to get me through the weekend. Never a dull moment! Maybe I'm actually kinda glad life is boring at work this week! :-)












No comments: