Cooper has been banned from climbing into his brother's crib. Several times. We forbid it and forbid it - and Ray lowers the crib and lowers the crib... and somehow he still manages to get in there. This wouldn't be a problem, except for the fact that Cooper kinda wakes up just a tiny little bit about an hour and a half before its time to get up and then remembers.... hey! I can get in brother's crib and play! and then climbs in and wakes his brother up too, and the morning starts way earlier than any of us wanted...
So, last night Ray lowered the crib as low as it could possibly go, and removed all objects that could possibly be used to help Cooper heave his little body up and into the crib. We tested him at bedtime - Ray actually Told him to get in - and he couldn't. We thought we were set - a quiet morning! It's gonna be good!
Well, I went to boot camp at 5:15, and got home at 6:30 - and heard the boys talking. Looked at the monitor, and sure enough. He's in the freaking crib. Honestly - I have no idea how... unless Tripp is helping pull him over, I just don't get it. At first I was kinda ill - thinking 'we've told him not to, Ray's lowered it, how's he doing this' - etc. But after watching them for a second, I couldn't help but just soften right up! He told Tripp to lay down, and handed him his pillow. Then he stood up in the crib and picked up the blanket. Tripp kinda looked up at him, and he said 'Lay down, Bro-tow! It's nite nite time! And shook that blanket out and covered him up. So, Tripp's laying there with his thumb in his mouth - and Cooper steps back to the back of the crib and just stands there and looks at him for about 30 seconds (a long time in a 2 year old's world!) then says 'I'll go nite nite with you too' and layed down next to him and pulled the blanket over himself. They just layed there cuddled up together!
Then, when I got out of the shower and was getting ready to dry my hair -I heard 'up the water spout! Down came all the rain, wash-ed the spider off!' He was singing to Tripp - freaking precious!
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Awwww, that is SO precious!!! I love it.
How cute!!!!
Ray and I always slept in the same bed and played together. I know its obnoxious, but it should make them closer...you should video them! This will be great stuff to show at weddings, birthdays, etc.
Post a Comment