Tuesday, August 25, 2009

skylar's birthday

The beautiful and gracious hostess - Ari


invited my family and I to come to her adorable and charming daughter Skylar's

3rd birthday celebration! This was the first time the Beasley family had ever been to a skating rink, and the first time either Ray or I had been to a skating rink in at least 15 years. The lights and the music was so much fun - the kids and I were mesmorized when it all first started! The boys enjoyed some 'pizzi' as Cooper calls it - and were happy to oblige 'Mr. Billy' when he asked to borrow a bib.


My mom and dad are still in touch with one long-standing family friend, Gail, and she was in town from Chicago for the first time in two years. Last time she was here, I was 7 weeks pregnant with Tripp, and this time, she and Mr. Trippster bonded over the love of pepperoni! He just snuggled up to her and sat happily and patiently - as long as she kept feeding him pizza.


Well, Cooper saw all of the older kids flying around and around the rink, and desperately wanted to join them. I wasn't thinking it's the best of ideas - since he's only been walking for about a year and running and jumping for a number of months. I didn't think strapping tiny wheels to those little feet was going to end well, but Popaw couldn't stand to see him not get to play - so off they went. Needless to say - he was absolutely adorable, but I was right!


He was fine as long as they were standing still (and he had both Ray's and Dad's hands) but as soon as they started moving, he'd crouch down on his haunches and just kinda kick his feet and stumble along as his Dad and Popaw pulled him! It was completely awkward, but totally adorable.

After a few long minutes of dragging him around, they found this little skate board that he could sit on and pull himself along with. This was a win-win situation for everyone! Ray and Dad got to stand upright for a while, I had some adorable picture opportunities, and Cooper had some freedom, and space to expend all of that extra energy!

We had a great time that night. Thank you to Ari for an awesome party!!
















No comments: